Saturday, December 12, 2009

Free Movie


Our District's Union every year allows members of the union to go to a movie for free. They rent out the theater and have an early showing that is free for teachers. (Well not really we all have to pay dues once a month) Anyway this year, I took Olivia to see Princess and the Frog. Jennifer met us and saw it with us. It was a cute movie that was done in the more traditional hand drawn animation instead of on the computer. Olivia as we were going to the movie said, "It will be fun to go with just us." I agreed with her and then she, "It will be be more enjoyable without the boys." She is so funny. Afterward we went to Mimi's Cafe and had breakfast. It was a fun Girls Day Out. I really liked the movie but I thought that the voodoo that the bad guy did in the movie got to be a bit much and was a little scary. But you really liked the main character Tiana and I liked how she turned into a frog and how her and the prince had to work together to solve the problem. It reminded me a lot of a book called the Frog Princess by E.D. Baker. This is one of my favorite series of books. I would recommend that you see the movie and read the book.



When we got home everyone took a nap.

Then this evening we went to a friend's house and played rock band. The game is really fun. I am not very good but it was still fun.

A pretty good way to spend a Saturday.

No comments: