Having another surgery makes me feel nervous, scared, upset, worried, but I am hoping that we can do this and I know that prayer helped last time I had surgery and it will help again.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Encondroma-Bone Tumor
As many of you know about six months ago I was playing volleyball and fell and tore my ACL. I had surgery over the summer to fix the ACL. When they were doing that MRI to look at my knee for the ACL they found a tumor in my femur. I went to a tumor bone doctor and he said lets wait 6 months and do another MRI and check on the tumor. We went in for another MRI last Thursday and we went and saw the doctor again today. We were hoping for no change. But the tumor has grown and it causes me pain at night. Due to these two facts and to the fact that the tumor is large the Doctor wants to remove the tumor. We are not sure right now when we are going to the surgery. The doctor said that the surgery was necessary but that it was not urgent. So Jeremy and I are trying to decide when to do the surgery. The doctor said that I would be on crutches for about 2 weeks. This is not the news we were wanting but it is also not the worst news we could have gotten.
Having another surgery makes me feel nervous, scared, upset, worried, but I am hoping that we can do this and I know that prayer helped last time I had surgery and it will help again.

Having another surgery makes me feel nervous, scared, upset, worried, but I am hoping that we can do this and I know that prayer helped last time I had surgery and it will help again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
sorry to hear it's changed size. But, glad to hear that it's not too serious. Let us know when you decide to have the surgery. We would like to keep you in our prayers! Love you, and hope you have a great Christmas!
wow. that looks big.
sorry that you have pain!
we're here for you!
So sorry Robin. I'm here for you! I can help you in any way that you need.
I understand being afraid of surgery. But it will all work out. Best of luck. If you need some help I can come out and give you a hand.
Oh no!! I'm so sorry, Robin. Please, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am right here. Have they or are they going to do a biopsy on it to make sure it's not cancer?
Post a Comment