I am upstairs and I hear the kids yelling that there is a mouse. They are shrieking, "A mouse A mouse." Garrett comes running upstairs and asks for a cup to catch the mouse with. I told him that he wouldn't be able to catch it. He said, "It is just running in circles." So I let him take a container downstairs. A few minutes later they bring up this:
I think he was sick because he still running in circles. The kids wanted to keep him and get him healthy again. I told them, "NO." They needed to let it go. So they took it and released it behind the fence.
But this story reminded me of when I was a kid and we had caught a mouse and wanted to keep and my mom said, "No." So we built a raft out of Popsicle sticks and put the mouse on the raft and released it down the river. Hoping for it a better life a long way away from our house.
4 comments:
Must be mouse season, Hannah and Vickie both saw one in our back yard a couple of days ago. Hopefully they stay in the yard and don't find a way into the house. Hannah, not having experienced a lot of nature in the wild, was a little unsure of what it actually was.......
Maybe it was running in circles because it was going crazy from the rabies.
i don't remember that at all.... i do remember when zach was trying to hit that mouse in the kitchen with his hands and all us girls were screaming....
Post a Comment