School is out and Summer has started. So we have a new routine that we are going to follow until we go on trips.
7:00 Eat Breakfast and watch T.V.
8:00 Go on Walk/Bike Ride (I know this isn't a lot of time but this all I can do)
8:30 Read
9:00 Spelling/Math
9:30 Chore for pay
10:00 Snack/Then play or other activities
12:00 Lunch
1:00 Quiet Time for Devin/other kids play
2:30 Snack and more playing
5:00 Dinner
After Dinner:
Chore No Pay
Writing in Journal and write funny story
More Playing
Watch a movie?
9:00 Bed time!
Now the times aren't exact and there are plenty of play times that I can plan other things. Today at 1:00 we are going to the summer dollar movie so probably no quiet time for Devin. He will sleep in the car on the way home. But I am trying to not have a lot of T.V./Computer/Wii. At first I was going to do NO screen time but didn't think that was realistic. The last two days went well. The kids like the "School" activities and the free play time. During the free play time they have played with friends, rode bikes, jumped on the tramp, played with water guns, collected rollie pollie bugs.
Even when we go on trips they will be required to read everyday.
1 comment:
I created a schedule too. And we stayed (mostly) so far! They end up watching a little t.v. but WAY less than last year. Zoe is required to do read every day also. But what I love is that she is pretty good about doing it on her own. I get a big grin when I see her up in her bed reading Junie B!
Post a Comment