Friday, June 17, 2011

Inside Day

It is summer and we are loving it. We have spent a lot of time outside. Yesterday it was a nice day outside but we decided to have an inside day because we are all burnt! On Wednesday we went to the outdoor pool and we all got burnt. So on our inside day we still had a lot of fun. We made sand art, did puzzles, read books, did spelling words, played math games on the computer, and went to Arctic Circle for lunch and ice cream.
The kids were excited about the puzzles because we had just gotten rid of all the old puzzles that were missing pieces and got new puzzles. They were excited to have complete puzzles.





Funny Story about the sand art:
We were putting the sand into the clear containers.  We had done something similar to this with colored sugar.  I was sitting at the table helping all three kids.  All of the sudden I hear Devin making a weird noise.  I look over at him and he has his mouth open and his mouth is full of blue sand. He doesn't know what to do.  We quickly washed out this mouth and I told him it wasn't sugar.  But it was still funny! Afterward he told us how yucky that sugar was.

No comments: