Friday, July 30, 2010

Garrett is so Literal

Mom: Okay Guys we need to pick up everything off the living room floor.
Garrett: We can't
Mom: Yes you can. I need everything picked up so that I don't trip.
Garrett: But Mom, we can't pick up the couch, or the chair, or the tv stand they are too heavy.

So I laughed at his logic. He got a little upset that I laughed at him. I really don't think he is trying to be funny, or disobedient. He just takes what you say literally.
Another example:

Mom: Kids it is time to go, Go get in the car.
Garrett: Mom, we don't have a car.
Mom: Get in the car, please.
Garrett: We have a van.
Mom: Fine, go get in the VAN.

2 comments:

Emily said...

love it...
like when they were in WV and mom told Garrett to go to his room, and he said "I can't - my room is in Utah!" lol

Theresa said...

he sounds like Dan! hahahaha. dan does that to me,.. what do you mean when you say the car? this is an acura,...not technically a car,.. it's an suv,.. etc. etc. haha.