Monday, July 05, 2010

Celebrating the 4th in Utah

While the kids were celebrating back in WV we did a little bit of celebrating ourselves. We went and saw the movie Knight and Day with Vickie and Earl. We really liked the movie, it was funny and action packed.

Then we went to a neighbor's house for awhile and watched as they set off fireworks. There were probably 30 people watching. It was cold and windy so we were all wrapped up in blankets. But it was fun.


In our neighborhood, we also celebrate Canada Day because there are so many from Canada that live here. So each year they do a Canada parade to celebrate their heritage. In this picture of the Red Man you can see me in my wheelchair with some friends in the background.


I love the fourth of July. I usually celebrate with my family back in WV but this year I couldn't do that. I really missed being there but it was fun to be here and see how our neighborhood celebrates. We are going to a block party tonight for more fireworks.

No comments: