Thursday, July 08, 2010

Cry when I want to

Yesterday was a hard day. I woke feeling sad from bad dreams. I seem to be having those a lot lately. I should have been happy. On Tuesday a friend called and asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner. It was great to get out of the house and go to dinner. We just talk and laugh. I talked to my kids and they are having a fabulous time. Then I woke up in the morning and I was reminded that I am still stuck in my house, I still have a broken leg, I am still in a lot of pain plus I knew I had physical therapy on Wednesday which I know is going to be painful. So I decided that I could go outside. I had gone down the steps once by myself before so I thought that I just needed to get out of the house for a minute, feel the sun on my face. On a side note usually I spend all summer outside and have a fabulous tan by now but this summer I am looking rather pale. Anyway the minute I wanted to walk outside the sprinklers came on. Now it is hard enough to go down the three steps to our house when it is dry and I knew it would be impossible to go down when it was wet. So I went inside and cried. Once again a silly reason to cry but hey I can cry when I want to. It has been a few days since I cried so I am making progress. :)

But on the up note, someone from the RS brought me lunch again and it was nice to chat for awhile. Then after dinner another neighbor brought me ice cream. Then Jere took me for a ride in my wheelchair. I am really blessed with good friends and neighbors, a great family, a wonderful husband. I just need to try to stay positive and remember my blessings.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

:( I wish we lived closer and Jamie and I would come over to visit. Hang in there!

Momnerd said...

Cry whenever you want to, honey! Or just call me. That works too. :) Love you!