Saturday, June 26, 2010

So What?

Before my fall I was talking to one of my dearest and closest friends. She was sharing with me some of the things she learned to help me cope. We had been talking about how I had a panic attack in church one Sunday after my last surgery and how I didn't know how to deal with or how to get myself to calm down. Anyway she gave me some great advice that I didn't know at the time would be so helpful to me so soon. She said when I am feeling panicked or have anxiety she gave me four steps to talk myself through it.
  1. What am I afraid of?
  2. Why am I afraid of that?
  3. How realistic is the fear?
  4. Then tell yourself, "So what?"
Since my fall I have had to use these four things a lot. I am just grateful that I have this wonderful friend who talked so openly with me. I love her so much and don't know what I would do without her. Did I mention that she brought me a smoothie and a fruit bouquet at the hospital and took my kids and watched them overnight. What would I do without good friends like her?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yumm! that looks delicious!