Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ouch!


This is an x-ray from Robin's leg. She slipped on an Uno card while packing for our trip. The doctor said the leg broke before she ever hit the ground. We called 911 and an ambulance took her to the hospital. After seeing the x-ray they transferred us up to Murray so the doctor who did the initial bone surgery could fix it again.
Needless to say, Robin's month long trip back east with the kids is canceled. We were supposed to fly out this morning. Robin's Mom is coming here instead and maybe she'll be able to take the kids back east for a few weeks without us.
Robin's in terrible pain but on a morphine drip. Surgery will happen tomorrow morning around 7am. We've had great family and friends taking care of us and our kids.
Robin has had a tough year, but we'll get through this too.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Robin has had a rough year and I feel so bad for her. I am sorry we won't be spending our month together.

Anonymous said...

Robin, I'm so sorry this has happened and my thoughts and prayers will be with you through surgery and recovery. Take care of yourself and take the appropriate time to heal. I have a rod in my right leg and a total of 4 pins it took months to rocover, walkers, crutches, and then a boot but made it through. Your much younger and tougher and know you will do well. I'm thankful you have your family there for you and plenty that love you that will help you through and most of all your faith in our Heavenly Father. Take care of yourself and my love always!

Betsy said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sorry that you won't be able to go on your vacation. But I'm glad that you havee people willing to drop everything to help. That is invaluable. Good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

So sorry that Robin has broken her leg. We will be praying for her complete recovery. Keep us informed. We love you all.