Sunday, February 21, 2010

Homemade Bread

I AM HORRIBLE at making homemade bread. I got out the wheat grinder, ground up the wheat and made bread. I used a recipe from a friend. The bread tasted good, very sweet but it didn't raise very well, and was still really doughy in the middle after baking it for a long time.
. I was really hoping for a light airy bread. I used soy lecithin, dough enhancer, and applesauce (all recommended by my friend who makes bread all the time) in hopes to get a great tasting light and airy bread. At least it tasted good. I told Jeremy if we ever had to live off the wheat in our food storage I needed to get way better at this bread making thing. I was going to take a picture of the bread, but I was too embarrassed at how it turned out to even take a picture. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Heather said...

One of these days I can come over and we can have a bread-making party. Maybe we can find out what the problem is.

kristi r said...

Did you try my recipe yet? If you have problems with it let me know, and I'll try to help!