Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shannon Hale



I am a big Shannon Hale fan. I have read almost all of her books. I have read some more than once. Last night I got to go to Salt Lake where she was presenting and her her talk. It was great! She was so funny and entertaining. After we got there Jeremy and I were wishing that we had brought Olivia because she would have enjoyed listening to her too. She talked about how she had wanted to be an author since she was 10 years old. Well Olivia also wants to be an author.
The funny thing is that Jeremy came home one day and said, "I am going to a Literacy Conference and the Keynote speaker is Shannon Hale." I was so jealous. I wanted to go.
I asked Jeremy, "So do you know any of the books she has written?"
He replied, "Yeah, didn't she write Ella Enchanted?"
I said, "No, that was Gail Carson Levine."
He said, "Oh yeah, She wrote Beauty."
I said again, "No, that was Robin McKinley."
So I went and got from the bookshelf some of the books that she had written. He knew that I had liked her but didn't know any of the books that she had written. But to go and listen to her you had to be signed up for the conference. So Jeremy, being the nice husband that he is, asked his co-workers if they were going up to hear her on Wednesday night. One of them wasn't going to go so I went and pretended to be her for the night. I was so glad that I went. It was so fun. I love these type of fairy tale books. Someday I hope to be able to write and publish a book of my own and I think I would want it to be a Fairy Tale book like she has done.

3 comments:

Emily said...

i've read NONE of these.
glad you got to go!
:O)

Robin B said...

You should try them. They are really good. I would recommend Princess Academy. It was my favorite one.

Marianne said...

LUCKY!!!!