Each child got bag full of Valentine goodies: pencils, straws, M&Ms, and stickers. Devin got a big blue ball.
We were surprised to find that Olivia had made one for each of us! We went to bed around 11 last night so she must have gotten up around midnight to hide our clues. She left us love notes with poems. Robin's read: Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you. Mine read: Toys are fun, dogs are handsome and so are you.
We had angelfood cake and Cool Whip (normally we have strawberry shortcake as our traditional Valentine's Day breakfast, but Walmart and Smiths were both out).
For a fun surprise we took the kids to Lowe's to build a heart jewelry box. They had fun and the boxes turned out great!
We hit Cafe Rio for lunch, did some shopping at Walmart (got more food storage), and came back home.
For dinner we had a romantic, candle-lit meal consisting of heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with applesauce (Robin and I weren't hungry since we ate so much at Cafe Rio and hey, easy clean-up!).
4 comments:
Very sweet. We were going to do lowe's this morning, but ended up having guests spend the night last night, so i decided to just let them play at home this morning with their friends. Happy Valentine's Day!
?ti xif I od woh dna gnorw si tahW !!!gniod si retupmoc ym tahw kool ,ymereJ ,yeH
Jeremy, I restarted my computer and now it types normal again. :) Were you able to decipher my message?
Yeah Cindi, I was going to make a joke about the problem being somewhere between your chair and the keyboard, but decided that would just come across as mean. I didn't actually believe that was a computer glitch as much as I thought you were just messing with me.
!enif tsuj uoy dnatsrednu did I ,sey dnA.
Post a Comment