While Robin was working, Jennifer drove over to Robin's school and filled her van with birthday decorations. There were streamers, banners, ribbons, and balloons! Another nice surprise.
Jennifer was willing to babysit for us so I took Robin out for a night on the town. First we went to Outback Steakhouse (Thanks Marianne!). Then I surprised Robin by taking her to one of her favorite places: Barnes & Noble. I told her she wasn't allowed to leave until she had chosen at least 3 books. I think she really enjoyed being able to peruse the shelves with all the time in the world and without any kids demanding her attention. We just quietly chuckled as we watched someone else's kids running around the store yelling, "Mom! Mom! Mom!" Robin ended up with about 4 books plus some things for the kids and Jennifer.
After buying all our books, it was only about 8:30--much too early to go home. We picked up some cookies at the Paradise Cafe and then we stopped at the dollar movie theater in American Fork. We were going to watch the Tale of Desperaux since we hadn't seen it yet, but somehow ended up buying tickets to watch Twilight. Now I can finally cross that off my bucket list. We did not expect the theater to be full, but we grossly underestimated Edward's ability to attract teenage girls. And speaking of gross, have you seen that floor? I think if you dropped your wallet in there you would just go and get everything replaced before you would take the risk of picking something up off that icky, sticky, slimy, lumpy floor. The theater was almost packed! It was mildly amusing to her audience members clap when Edward first appeared on screen. And honestly, I didn't actually mind the movie (I think that's what happens when your expectations are so low to begin with).
After the movie, we headed home. Happy Birthday Robin!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Robin!
The teenagers call that the 'sticky shoe theatre' I guess that is why.
What a fun celebration! I love that you weren't going to let her leave until she had chosen 3 books. Happy (belated) birthday Robin!
Post a Comment