We finally started a blog because everyone else is doing it. We don't have a good digital camera so we won't be able to put alot of pictures on here.
Basement:
So you want to know what is going on with us. First we finished painting all of the basement and we had a guy come and do measurments to give us an estimate for carpet. We are so excited to be almost done. We should ge the bid on Tuesday. Then hopefully by next Saturday we will be able to buy the carpet. Then it will take another couple of weeks to get it installed. We want it to be done before everyone shows up here in October so people will have a place to stay.Jeremy says he is excited because this is the first big project he has really completed. My friend Marianne gave us a couch, some end tables and a mattress so when it is finished we will have a some furniture down there.
Preschool:
Livvy started Preschool this week. She was so excited. She will go two days a week for 2 1/2 hours each day. We bought her a little purple backpack. She is so ready to be going to school. The first day went well and she said they read a story about a frog that blows bubbles and that it was funny. I couldn't think of what story the teacher could have read to her. We talked to my nephew Zach and he said that in his class his teacher read a similar story. My sister and I think it is the same book. She also got choosen to bring home the mystery bag and put a show in tell in for next time. She wants to take everything in her room. I can't believe she is so grown up and going to school.
Croup:
Garrett has croup. He has had it for about a week and is starting to get a little better now. We were really worried because he was weezing and coughing pretty bad. He had to have a breathing treatment and got a steroid shot. He still sounds raspy but we think the worst is over.
Robin Teaching:
This year is great! I still work part time which I love and this year for the first time I only have 20 students. In the past I have had around 28. I didn't realize having 8 less kids in my class would make such a difference. They are a really good bunch of kids and teaching is fun so far this year. Also grading papers seems alot more do-able with less kids. Next year I will have a big class again so I just want to enjoy this year. Even if some of the parents make my life hard, it just nicer this year. The only hard thing was at the beginning of the year I had to find a new babysitter. That was really stressful but I found a lady in the neighborhood who wanted to watch 2 kids. She lives right next to the park. She is really great and I feel blessed that I was able to find her and leave my kids with a trustworthy person.
Principal Jeremy:
This year Jeremy is a full time Vice Princpal at a different school then the one he was at last year. He seems to really enjoy what he is doing and says he doesn't miss planning lessons and grading papers. The principal keeps him busy with (well I'm not really sure what he does all day) But he always says he was really busy and tired. He still claims he wants to be a principal next year. He will start applying again around November. I really hope he gets it.
4 comments:
Cool! I linked my blog to yours. It was nice to hear from you. I have an Olympus 5.0 Megapixel camera that we will send you next week. Then you can picture up your blog.
thanks jeremy for the help....
i was able to put the picture where i wanted it and how i wanted it. you are a 'puter genius! i think this is really cool, and i'm having a lot of fun with it today!
Looking forward to seeing some more pictures of your kids.
glad you gave into the pressure! Just kidding, but it is nice to hear what is going on with you guys!
Post a Comment