Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Progressive Bone Growth

I went back to the doctor's today.  He said that I had progressive bone growth which means that the bone growth is getting thicker and healing but it is not all the way healed.  The bone has still  a crack. The doctor watched me walk and asked if I walked with a limp all the time. And the answer is YES! He asked about the pain.  I still live with pain everyday.  Sometimes the pain is worse than other days but the pain is always there.  I told him I was was concerned because the pain seems to be getting higher in the leg.  He said there was no indication that there was a problem on the x-ray.  He said that if the pain gets worse or it gets to the point it is unbearable to contact him and they will do a bone scan which gives more detail of the bone to make sure there isn't a weak spot in the bone that could lead to another fracture.  But he thought that it looked good and he thought that I was walking well even though I limp.  He said to keep walking, swimming, doing water aerobics and being active.   He said to come back in 9 months to see him again.  So I am healing but slowly.  

So I got good news but I just wish that the pain and the limping would go away but all in time.

No comments: