Garrett had a reading and donut date at school today. I was lucky enough to be able to go. I didn't have my first class until 10:15 and the Donut date started at 9:30. So I got permission to be a little late for work. I showed up at 9:25. Garrett was able to take a pillowpet to school today and bring his favorite book.
I asked him this morning if he was excited about his donut date. He just shrugged. So when I got there he was all smiles. We sat next to each other, read books, and ate donuts. As we were reading, he leaned over and put his head on my shoulder. It was very sweet. So even though he won't admit it I think he liked having me there and I LOVED being there. I was only able to stay 20 out of the 30 minutes so I could get to work before my first class showed up but I will treasure the moment that we had today.
No comments:
Post a Comment