Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fancy Dining

We celebrated Valentine's a little late and went to what I would call a  fancy restaurant called Flemings in Salt Lake. We enjoyed our fancy dinner.   We love the Food Network and watching them prepare fancy dishes but we have never really had a fancy dinner.   It was fun and exciting.   We both tried things we had never had before.   Between courses the waitress would come and wipe off the crumbs from our table.  They gave us black napkins because we were wearing darker clothes.   There were lots of wines to choose from.  She had to go and ask the bartender if they made any specialty drinks without alcohol.  

Delicious bread with some fantastic spreads.

Roasted pear and candied walnut salad with vinaigrette

Roasted  BBQ Pork Shank with mashed sweet potatoes.

Chocolate Mousse Cake with cashew brittle and a vanilla bean sauce.

Jeremy's meal consisted of a beef briquette with ratatouille.  He also had the same salad and dessert I did. (We didn't drink the wine). 

This isn't something we would do very often but it sure was fun.   Our  rebate from my new phone paid for this dinner so it felt like we got this dinner for free. : )

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Yeah, fancy dinners are yummy! Too bad they cost so much money. (boo!) Next time you go fancy, come pick us up! :)

N8ster said...

Looks delicious. We have Flemings here in Austin as well, but I can't recall if I've ever been.