Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Another Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday I had a CT done on Monday and went to to see the Doctor again today and got more x-rays taken.

My CT came back clean and the x-ray showed that the cancer didn't come back. But the x-ray showed no new growth since October. The crack is still there. He said I just needed more time. I really dislike that phrase. I asked him about the pain his reply, "You've been through a lot." He asked me how active I was. I told him I have 3 kids and I teach everyday. His reply was that, " I needed to either go back to physical therapy or find time where I can walk in the pool, ride the exercise bike, or walk on the tread mill to help strengthen the leg." Much easier said than done. When I wake up in pain, come home from work in pain, the last thing I want to do is cause myself more pain. He wants me to stay on the cane for a little while longer at least until spring because I limp when I walk. He said to come see him again in six months. So frustrating and disappointed. He then said his hope was that by August when I am supposed to see him again I will be better.  August seems like a long ways away.

So here is the newest x-ray.  With no change! So depressing!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Sorry! :( No wonder you hate doctors appointments so much, they are really unsympathetic. Let's go out for some ice cream!