Saturday, February 12, 2011

Earthquakes

Yesterday evening at around 7:40 p.m. our entire house started shaking. I was in the living room and Jeremy was in the back bedroom and the kids downstairs. I heard a loud noise and the house was shaking. Jeremy and I both felt it but the kids didn't. It only lasted for about 3 seconds but it was a little crazy. Nothing fell or broke. I had never felt something like that before. In the news it said it was 2.5 earthquake that happened about a mile from our house. So I guess those Earthquake drills that they have at school really are necessary.

Sunday night at around 2:30 in the morning apparently there was another one that registered a 2.8. I remember waking up at 2:30 but don't remember feeling the shaking. That is 2 earthquakes close to the same spot in 2 days. Crazy.

So again at 6:13 on Sunday Feb. 13th we were all in the kitchen eating cookies when we heard the noise and the house started shaking again. Jack was barking like crazy and the chain on the light above the table was shaking. So glad it was small. We looked it up it was a 2.8 again. We hope there is not a big one coming.

Here is a map of where the earthquakes are happening:
http://www.seis.utah.edu/req2webdir/recenteqs/Maps/112-41.html

No comments: