For neighbor gifts this year I decided I didn't want to make candy. So we went and bought stockings and browning mixes and put the brownie mixes in the stockings and made a card with the directions on how to make the brownies that said, "I hope your Christmas is filled with sweetness and joy." We are going to pass them out tonight for Family Home Evening.
So we had 29 empty brownie boxes. The kids put them to good use. They used them to make towers, animal cages, and dominoes, and skates.
They don't want us to throw the boxes away. Jeremy and I said we should have just got them a bunch of boxes for Christmas.


It was Garrett's idea and then the others joined in.
1 comment:
I agree.
A couple years ago we got a new TV for Christmas. The kids played with the very large box it came in for months. My kids are perfectly happy with sticks, rocks, boxes, and dirt. Hours of enjoyment.
Post a Comment