Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Almost Gave me a heart attack

I am terrified of falling. I am paranoid, scared, extra cautious. I went and bought boots with good tread on them to help me slip less. But I guess I am extra clumsy.

The other night, I fell asleep on the couch and I guess I woke up and tried to stand up all in the same motion. When I stood up, I lost my balance and fell over. Luckily I was right next to the couch and caught myself. But I went into a panic.

I was walking into Devin's extremely messy room, I can't keep it straightened. If I straighten it, it is messy again in two minutes. Anyway I stepped on a toy and slipped again. Once again I caught myself. But I felt my heart rate go up and the panic setting in.

This morning, I thought that we had not had snow for a couple of days that I would be okay to wear my tennis shoes. Well I guess our parking lot is still really slippery. I slipped on the ice this morning. Once again, I didn't fall but my breathing became rapid.

All of these near falls about give me a heart attack!
I can't wait until I am not living in fear of falling and not dealing with pain everyday.

No comments: