Thursday, September 30, 2010

Insurance Battle

So I broke my leg in June. We have been getting several medical statements/bills in the mail.

Approximately:
ER-1300
1st Ambulance-1300
2nd Ambulance-1700
6 Day Hospital Stay and Surgery: 54,000
PT-1000

So we are close to 60,000 dollars in medical bills. But I keep telling myself I am so glad we have good insurance.

And usually we do, but for some reason they are not wanting to pay these bills.
They disputed both ambulance rides. They paid for the ER visit minus our copay. They came around and paid the ambulance bills minus the copays. They have only covered about half of the PT. But I got a bill in the mail today saying that insurance hasn't paid anything on 54,000 bill so it is now our responsibility. I have gotten several phone calls from the insurance, I had to send them forms about my accident, I sent them copies of the x-rays. But for some reason they aren't wanting to cover this. We don't have that kind of money to pay this. I guess I will be talking to the insurance again and again and again!!!! I will probably make Jeremy do it because every time I talk to them I cry.

So far out of pocket we have already paid about 2,000. I am sure we are going to be paying more a lot more. I just wish the insurance would pay what they are supposed to and not make us go through this horrible process of trying to get them to pay.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Crap! That's a lot of money! I remember that our insurance wouldn't pay for my c-section either, my daughter was 1 years old before they paid. Keep bugging them, they will try for a long time NOT to pay it. That's a lot of money for them too. Yucky. :(

Heather said...

It's got to be a tactic to see if you will just break down and pay (haha) Definitely make Jeremy make the phone calls. I hate calling people.

doolittle said...

Yes, keep bugging them, I don't know how they can't pay it, you pay your premiums that is why we have insurance.

Bryan said...

Have you though of contacting your employer. Many times they are able to assist in resolving these issues.