Jeremy and I decided that we needed to be more healthy by eating better and exercising more. We came up with some rules for ourselves.
1. Exercise 5 days a week for 30 minutes
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
3. Eat smaller portions (I am doing Weight Watchers)
4. Eat dessert only once a week
5. No food after 7 p.m.
6. Eat healthy snacks like fruit, pretzels, carrots
7. Eat out once a month.
This past week was our first week doing this. We started on Sunday. We did pretty good. We went on several walks. We ate fruit for breakfast. I avoided the temptation of muffins, cookies, and cinnamon rolls that showed up at house all on the same day. (Well almost I took one small bite of the cinnamon rolls. It was so good.)
So I weighed myself again today and I lost 5 pounds this week. Yeah!!!
We are trying to decide a prize to work for we can reward ourselves when we meet our goals.
5 comments:
That is great. I am proud of you for making that choice to be more healthy. It is so great when you can see results after the first week. Keep up the good work.
what!? losing weight is not a good enough prize? j/k. :) way to go. .and keep it up!
You are awesome. Those are good goals. Keep it up and then treat yourself to a movie date or something fun with no kids.
Wonderful! I wish you both the best of luck and try real hard to stick to your goals. Maybe for the fun of it you and Jeremy should award the Biggest Loser a pampering day for the week. The one that loses the most for the week gets one day of spoiling (no cooking, cleaning, chores, laundry, etc.)...LOL! Take care. LeAnn Phillips
These are great goals. Brent and I set similar rules at the beginning of the year but didn't ever talk about a reward or prize for achieving those goals. Maybe that would have helped. Because we are no longer living by the rules. :( Thanks for posting this. I feel motivated to try again! And I'm going to talk to Brent about an awesome prize to work towards. Good luck. Sounds like it's going great so far!
Post a Comment