I love a good book and a good movie. I don't always know which books and movies are good. I love reading children's books. (Maybe because I teach 3rd grade) Some books that I have read recently that I have enjoyed are : Eragon, Eldest, Charlie Bone Series, Dragon Rider, Thief Lord, Platform 13, Beauty, View from Saturday, A teacher's Funeral, and InkHeart. I love to read. I try to teach my students to love to read too. Thanks Earl for letting me borrow so many of your books. If you have any good suggestions I am always looking.
I also love movies: I just watched The sisterhood of the traveling pants. It is rated PG and it is a really good movie. At first Jeremy said that it was to much of a girl movie, but he watched it with me and even seemed to like it. I would recommend that you see it.
So if you have any good movies or good books to recommend let me know. I am looking for books that are not scary and books that don't have inappropritate things in them.
4 comments:
I am reading Chasing Vermeer, it's pretty good so far. There is also Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, better than the movie. Also the Ender's Game series and all the books by Madeleine L'ENgle. There is also a very interesting book called Freakonomics. It is an interesting look at normal stuff that we take for granted or else think wrongly about because of media influence.
You know me... I love to read!! But my tastes run towards suspense fiction.... They aren't really scarey, but..... Would that be your style? I can save you some of my books when I finish them if you like.
In the young adult category their is Magyk, The Amulet of Samarkand, and the Artemis Fowl Series which were all pretty good.
In the movie area my friend just let me borrow two of her movies. Love Comes Softly and Love's Enduring Promise. They are both Hallmark films but they were really good. They are chick fliks but Bryan watched them with me and he didn't complain. The other movie is Christmas with the Kranks, if you read Skipping Christmas and liked the book the movie is just as good.
Post a Comment