We went to the Crapo's (Our friends who live in Salt Lake). We had dinner around 5 o'clock. It was just our two families. Marianne did the turkey, potatoes, gravy, and stuffing. I did the rolls, and pies. We both did a jello salad. Plus I made a turkey shaped cake and brought apple cider. She cooked the stuffing in her crock pot. I am not a big stuffing fan but this was pretty good. It was quite the feast. We got a bit carried away with the amount of food that we made. She baked a 18 pound turkey, enough potatoes for at least 4 more familes. I made four pies. We definitely had enough food. (We both have enough leftovers for a couple of days.And she is going to have a lot of turkey to put into her freezer. And we both kept 2 pies.)
The kids liked eating the turkey cake and the adults ate pie. Oh it was all so good. I got full way too fast.
It was a fun evening. After dinner Jeremy and Nathan played x-box, the kids played, and Marianne and I got to just chat. We thought about scrapbooking but decided against it. It was a nice relaxing day. We ate dinner around 5 o'clock. Which is later then what my family usaully does but I liked eating it then.
No comments:
Post a Comment