

1st Tradition We made turkeys out of oranges and dum dum suckers. For every "feather" we added we had to say something we were thankful for. Then we gave the three "turkeys" to people were thankful for. It was a fun family home evening.
2nd Tradition The night before Thanksgiving, I knew we would not be baking a turkey so I decideded to make my own turkey. I made two cakes. 2 round and 1 9 by 13. Then I used the cakes to make the "Turkey". Olivia helped me put the icing on. Jeremy helped me put it togehter. Garrett helped by eating as much frosting as he could. : ) It was a big hit after we ate Turkey for dinner we ate Turkey for dessert! I might continue to do this each year now.
1 comment:
Sound like fun. It is kind of nice to make your own traditions. In our family, we have some Christmas traditions that came from our family (pigs in blankets), some that came from Betsy's (cardamom bread), and some that we made up ourselves. Our Thanksgiving tradition is to do something different every year. This year is was a smoked turkey from Rudy's (very tasty, and simple--1 hour in the oven at 350 degrees). We have no idea what we will be doing next year. Thanksgiving lobster???? I bet the pilgrims had lobster--they came over on boats!
Post a Comment