Friday, September 04, 2015

More Recipes That We Love

Homemade Granola Bars

2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup karo syrup
1 cube melted butter
2 teas vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
Mix all those together then add
3 cups oats
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips (it only calls for 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
once all mixed put in sprayed 13x9 pan cook at 350 for 20 min. wait for about 2 hours to cut
              

I got this recipe when I went on Girl's retreat.  One of the ladies brought these.  They were delicious. So I asked for her recipe.  I have made them in the past but I haven't made them in a while.  But I was planning on going to the store and I said, "Garrett, has the treat, I bet he will want to have the homemade granola bars." I went to the store and Jeremy called me while there and said, "I asked Garrett what he wanted for the treat for FHE and he said "Homemade Granola Bars"  I nailed it.

Homemade Baked Tacquitos

Mini Baked Chicken Taquitos
2 cups shredded chicken

6 slices of bacon, crumbled

4 oz. cream cheese, softened 

Dash (or so) of chili powder, cumin and garlic powder

8 large (10-inch) flour tortillas (I used small tortillas and didn't cut them. )

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut each tortilla into three or four small circles with a cookie cutter (or plastic cup and paring knife, if you don’t happen to have a large round cookie cutter). The original recipe said to cut three circles; I got four out of mine.
Add seasonings to cream cheese, then combine with chicken and bacon (which you should definitely bake in the oven). Spoon about a teaspoon of filling into each tortilla circle and roll up. Secure with a toothpick and place on lightly sprayed baking sheet. Spray the tops of the taquitos with baking spray and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.

For a dipping sauce, I combined about 1/2 cup light sour cream, 1/4 cup light mayo and some homemade salsa. I’d love to tell you how much salsa, exactly, but it was really a add a little and see how it looks sort of thing.

These are so tasty! Plus bonus mine made 24 small ones so I froze half of them.  So now I have dinner for another night too!

No comments: