Garrett came home back in November and said, " I think I want to try out for the school play." I said Ok and drove him to the school. He come home and says, "Mom, I need to memorize a Dr. Seuss book." He picked the ABC book and didn't just memorize the one or two pages....No he memorized the entire book and I need to sing a song. He picked Jingle Bells. Then he went to the auditions. Afterward I picked him up and asked, "How did you do?" He replied, "Pretty well, I am the only one who memorized an entire Dr. Seuss book." A couple of days later he comes home and says, "Mom, We are doing Seussical the Musical and I got the part of Horton?" I replied,"Wow, that is big part" He responded, "Mom that is THE biggest part" He got a script and a CD and he began practicing. He would go in my room and sing and sing. He went in at recess to get extra practice with the teacher, he practiced with me. He had his parts and pretty much everyone's part memorized pretty quick. He did an amazing job and we are so proud of him. We were glad that Vickie and Earl and Kurt and Stephanie could come. Also our neighbors Kindra and her kids came and another neighbor, Liz Griffiths and her kids came all to support Garrett. So many people of come up to talk to him and congratulate him and tell what a great job he did. He just smiles and smiles. This has been a great opportunity for him.
Before the play:
 |
| Kurt's Family and Olivia and Devin waiting with anticipation |
The play?
 |
| Opening Act with all the characters. |
 |
| Garrett finding and singing to the speck. |
 |
| Horton with the Sour Kangaroos |
 |
| Horton and Jo Jo singing "Alone in the Universe." |
 |
| Horton with the Wickersham brothers who are going to steal his speck. |
 |
| Horton looking for the speck and Gertrude trying ti get his attention. |
 |
| Horton is sold to the Circus. |
 |
| Mazy says Horton can keep the egg. |
 |
| Gertrude returns his speck. |
 |
| Hatching the Egg: A baby Elephant with wings. |
Pictures after the play:
 |
| Cast members would ask Garrett to join their picture. |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Brunner with the Amazing Horton! |
1 comment:
I am so proud of Garrett!
Post a Comment