Monday, March 25, 2013

Story of a Peanut Butter Jar

I buy food to take to the babysitter's house for Devin to eat.  She told me she needed more food so I went to the store and bought several things to take over to her including a small jar of peanut butter for the price of $3.99.  I took the food to her house but when I came to pick up Devin, he came out carrying the jar of peanut butter.  She told me she already had some from last time.  Devin thought she gave him the peanut butter to have as his very own.  He immediately went home and put the peanut butter on his dresser.  He didn't open it but he would show it to his friends when they came over, he would brag to his brother and sister about it that he had his very own jar of peanut butter that he wanted for himself.

Garrett decided that it would be cool to have his own jar of peanut butter so he told Devin he would buy it from him.   Devin thought about it and said $5 dollars.  Garrett said, "No Way, $1"   Devin thought that it wasn't it enough and countered with $3.  Garrett bargained for $2.  So Devin sold his very own jar of peanut butter to Garrett for $2 dollars. 

Now Garrett has his very own jar of peanut butter that he doesn't want to share with anyone else.  So when his friend Landon came over  he very proudly showed his confused friend his jar of Peanut Butter. 

No comments: