Olivia decided that she wanted to learn how to cook. So we started with cookies and brownies. We talked about reading a recipe, what the things mean. So last night she wanted to make cookies. She pretty much made this cookies all by herself. She needed me to help her with a few things(like remembering to add the shorting, how much dough to use for each cookie,how far apart to put the cookies on the cookie sheet, and not putting hot cookies on top of other cookies.)She did a really good job and the cookies are soft and delicious!
I remember when I was first learning to cook, I was probably Olivia's age. Granny and Pappy were coming to visit and I wanted to make brownies to impress them. I guess I didn't want my mom's help. I used baking soda instead of baking powder, I added too much salt and I didn't set a timer so I baked them way too long. When it was time to serve the brownies they were rock hard! You couldn't even cut your knife through them. We had a pet duck at the time so we decided to break them and feed them to the duck. We through the brownies pieces into the water near the duck. The brownie piece sunk to the bottom of the stream and the duck just swam away not the least bit interested in the brownie pieces that we through to him.

No comments:
Post a Comment