I got my feelings hurt yesterday. Not only did I get my feelings hurt but I then felt like I was being attacked for the type of parent that I am. I shouldn't let what other people say bother me. I shouldn't get upset and cry. I shouldn't, but I do. Then I was starting to feel like I was a bad parent. Then to make matters worse I was feeling this way, I didn't put a onesie on Devin yesterday because they were all dirty. So soon after we get home he hit me so I put him in time out. When I went to let him out he didn't want to come so I left him there.
Five minutes later I went to check on him and once again he has played with the contents of his diaper. Then I lost it and cried some more. So I was feeling a little extra emotional. I called my husband who was working only five minutes away and he came and helped me clean up the mess but I was still upset and crying when he left.
But the reason I am writing this post is because at the point when I was feeling like a complete failure, One of my best friends calls me to chat and see how I am doing. I am so grateful that she called at just the moment that I needed her. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to have a friend call and reassure me when I needed it.
So a new goal this year: Try not to let what people say bother me!
4 comments:
yea for friends who call! Hope you are feeling better today! You are a great mom!
It's hard to not let other people get to you- especially when you're a mom! I feel inadequate all the time and am hard enough on myself as it is- the last thing I need is someone else saying something stupid. Sorry it happened to you.
I'm sorry that happened. I'm sure whoever your friend is loves you very much, and gets angry when people are mean to you. You are an A+ Mom, and don't forget it!!!!
man, i should've called you on monday! (or you should've called me). i totally can relate. i was really not doing great on the "mom" front here myself.
i think all of us mom's have those days that just don't go right - and when i finally fall in bed those nights and reflect, i feel like a failure and wonder what i'm even doing!
how sad that another person (a mom?) had to strike out at you. (it wasn't me was it?LOL) maybe that person was feeling a bit insecure and took it out on you! so sorry that happened.
Post a Comment