Saturday, October 03, 2009

The Story of a Bear



When I was dating Jeremy for Christmas he gave me a really cute white stuffed bear. I thought the bear was adorable. I kept it on my dresser. I kept this bear after we got married and it still sat on the dresser. After we had Olivia the bear was moved to sit on her dresser. One day when Olivia was around 8 months old she kept crying and reaching for the bear. So I gave her the bear. It was her favorite thing. She had to sleep with it, it went on trips with us. She even had a sign (patting her chest) that would tell us that she wanted the bear. Even today it is still one of her favorite stuffed animals. Well that is not the end of the story.

Devin was playing in Olivia's room recently and discovered this bear. He immediately wanted the bear. He has his own stuffed bear that he got for Christmas last year but he has wanted nothing to do with it. But he wanted this old bear. So the bear has made another journey. He now lives in Devin's room and sleeps with Devin. And you see him being dragged around the house and being played with once more. And of course now Devin wants to take him where ever he goes.

He used to be all white, but now he is has lots of black spots. He used to have a a black nose, now he has a yellow nose. He used to have clear black eyes and now he had cloudy eyes. He use to have all his seams but now he has parts of him that is sewn back together. This is one well loved bear. It kind of reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit.