Last Tuesday, Jeremy got called into the Stake President's office. We were nervous but we were thinking that maybe he would be called to be some type clerk. Boy were we wrong. Jeremy got called to be the Second Counselor in the bishopric of the the new ward that was just created. We sat there in shock and just stared at him. Surely he was joking he couldn't really mean it. But he did. Jeremy accepted the calling and I said that I would support him even though I just felt like crying. He would be called this Sunday at a special Stake Meeting. The rest of the week Jeremy would just shake his head over and over again. We were in a a state of shock all week. Plus we weren't supposed to tell anyone except close family. Jeremy called his parents and they said that they were coming up to support him too. His brother Bryan and his family came and so did Jeremy's Grandparents. This will be a big change for all of us. Jeremy will be extra busy with all kinds of meetings and I will be extra busy with the kids. We don't really know what to expect.
So today it became official and now we are waiting to see how our lives will change.
So here's the joke my mother in law just told me : When they are looking for a new bishopric they look for the most kind, patient, loving person and then call her husband.
7 comments:
It was great to be there for this event. We are proud of Jeremy, and sympathetic to all of the new responsibility this gives everyone, him in the bishopric and you with the kids and less of him. We love you all. (We made it back home around 1:00) Going to be a fun day around here.....
Wow Robin, I know you guys will be awesome. How does that quote go, "Peace and joy and blessings will follow those who render service to others." (Ezra Taft Benson)
i would've cried too. probably you should follow the other's advice in the comments section; i'm pretty sure i'd feel the same as you!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Jeremy, they must not know you too well! j/k You will do an excellent job. I don't know anyone in your ward more qualified. OK, so I really don't know anyone else in your ward, but you'll do awesome!
Wow, I don't know if I should say congrats or I'm sorry :). Jeremy will do great but I know it will be a little rough on you Robin, especially Sunday morning when you have to get all the kids ready your self. You will be blessed for it though!
You will be just fine, both of you! Whom God calls, He qualifies. And He blesses their families. I'm so excited for you. It will be a great experience. We will be praying for you. :D
you know I even read Uncle Earl's post and still forgot to come check your blog again,... goodluck in the new calling you will be great! :)
Post a Comment