Saturday, October 11, 2008

Carolina the Great!

When Olivia started Spanish class, the teacher gave her two choices: Go by Olivia or by a Spanish version of her middle name, Carolina. She chose Carolina.
Last Wednesday there was a Red Ribbon week (say no to drugs/violence) assembly where a
magician came and put on a show. We had two of the same tricks that he used and so Olivia asked us if she could take one to school to show her class. She took a fake thumb that has a glowing red light in the tip. The next day, she took a "magic" coloring book that has images that appear and disappear. Instead of having her show the class that day the teacher suggested that she put on a whole show for Fun Friday.
So on Friday, I helped her put on a little magic show. The last few weren't actually magic as much as they were a fun science demonstration. I had to cut out 5 minutes to get the file size down enough to upload, but you can see all the good parts.
We thought she did a really good job considering she did not have much time to practice. The kids in her class were really impressed. She came home with the biggest smile ever! We're so proud of her!

3 comments:

doolittle said...

Hey, Carolina the Great! I enjoyed the magic show. Great show.
love ya
grandma

JessieC said...

Wow, I am impressed! She must be like her dad in liking to amaze people:)

Emily said...

Josh and I watched this together. He was excited to see you and your tricks! Keep learning and showing these cool things!
We Love You