Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Garrett's Speech Testing

I took Garrett into my school today to get his speech tested. The speech and language pathologist at my school did the testing. First she just let him play with toys and tell her what he was playing with. Then she had a list of words and she would say the word and then tell him to say the word. She said that he was doing pretty well and had a good vocabulary. She said that he needs work on blends, mutli-syllable words, w sounds and ending of words. She gave me some flashcards to help him and then said she would give more words each week. This week it was sp words. She said next week it would be st words. Then in a 6 weeks bring him in and she will test him again to see if he makes any progress. If he does then he is developing. If not then we could get him in to see her on a regular basis. She said she would run what we did in the computer and then we would see what his actual classification for speech would be. So for now we will start working on the sp words.

1 comment:

kristi r said...

glad to hear he has a good vocabulary, and good luck with the sp words. Probably a little nice to have a plan? I always feel better about things when I know how I'm going to handle them. . . :)