Olivia got a disposal camera for her birthday. She took all the pictures in one day. In January we started to scrapbook together once a week. Olivia and I do "projects" together. I take my pictures and she takes her pictures and any pictures that I give her from my stack and we work together. We do this while Jere is still at work and Garrett is down for his nap. I have even let her do a couple of pages that I put in my albums. She actually does a pretty good job. She is so creative. Plus this gives me time to work on my scrapbooks which I wasn't finding time to do before and it gives us some good mommy-daugther time together. I may need to go and do some scrapbook shopping so she can have her own stickers and papers.
Yesterday she called me the best mommy in the world because we do "ojects" together and she loves "ojects". She can't say the pr sound very well.
2 comments:
Very cool! I used to let my kids do the same thing. But they started getting upset that they didn't use the same materials that I did and then the boys got tired of it. Mostly they jsut wanted to help me on my projects not particularly doing their own. Finding time is a struggle. I think it's been about 8 years since I was caught up.
i am current with my scrapbooks right now.... girls' scrapbook weekends did me a WORLD of good!!!! talk about "mental health" days.
zach and josh have no interest in scrapbooking and there's no way i'd let them use my stuff. it would be big lots and dollar store specials for their books!
Post a Comment