Friday, January 13, 2006

Exciting news

For those of you who aren't checking the forum (forums.brunnerfamily.org), you may not know that I had an interview today. I applied for an Elementary Principal position in my current district. I guess over 30 people applied and I was one of the 15 who got called in for an interview. The rumor also says they're trying to fill 10 positions. That's a crazy high number so we're not buying much into the rumor.

I'm not sure how the interview went. I was totally surprised by most of the questions. I gave decent answers, but wasn't as confident as I was hoping I would be. The cool thing was that one of the people on the selection committee is the main secretary from my school and she has commented in the past that I will make a great principal and that I have made this school year run much better than years past. I hope she'll be pulling for me. I'll talk to her again on Tuesday and should hear from the district for sure sometime next week. Keep me in your prayers. Thanks!

4 comments:

N8ster said...

Best of luck man. Hopefully they are filling 10 positions.

Betsy said...

What were these surprising questions?

Jeremy B said...

First off, I only found out about the interview on Thursday. I spent the time before the interview going over the answers I put on my application. Robin gave me some good suggestions. I looked online for some interviewing tips. I went in there expecting to sell myself... you know, what my strong points are, why I would do a good job, why I am qualified.

They asked me somethings that were worded wierd and out of the blue.

For example, what would you do if the school community wants to do something the district doesn't want them to?

What is the importance of test scores and what professional development programs would you use to train your teachers?

They seemed to want specific answers. I said some good things, but I wished I could have worded things better. I guess we'll find out next week.

Emily said...

i'm sure that you did better than you thought. i have found interviews are like this - i don't think they care so much about the answers as how you react under stress. i've known some interviewers to try to catch you off guard just to see how well you handle yourself in difficult situations. if you keep your cool and are composed, they are impressed. they probably could care less about your actual answers. i'll be routing for you... though i really think you should look to the east! :o) by the way, what's with your picture????