Sunday, October 23, 2005
Reading Letters
I read a book called Guided Reading and Writing for grades 3-6. (Well not all of it but some of it) It is a really good book to help with teaching reading. One of the suggestions is that you have your students write you a letter about what they are reading and then as the teacher you write them a letter back. I decided to try this. Now each week as one of their centers they write me a letter about any book that they are currently reading. They have some interesting letters and it helps me see what they are reading and what they think about the books. However this causes quite a problem for me because NOW each week I have to write each student a letter back. That is 21 different letters each week, I THINK I AM CRAZY! I do this on top of all the other grading, planning, and getting lessons ready that I have to do. The question of the day is Why do I make myself so crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In my Literacy Class we have to read Guided Reading. I think it is wonderful that you are such a dedicated teacher. As I get farther into the major I become more amazed with the work teachers do.
Hey, nobody said these guys that write the books and promote the programs have ever actually done it for any serious time in the classroom. But buy the book and they will take the check to the bank........
Post a Comment