Wednesday, January 04, 2012

So Hard

Christmas break was so relaxing.  We didn't have a lot of plans.  We stayed up late and watched movies and slept in.  The kids played with toys and the wii.  We went swimming,  the kids played outside.  We did our science kits from Christmas. There wasn't too much fighting. It was just nice to be able to be together. 

Well, Yesterday school started again.  Don't get me wrong my kids love school! Jeremy and I like our jobs.  But school means more structure, getting up early, getting kids ready for school, getting them there on time, picking them up on time, reading(before and after school), and spelling.  Then the minute I get home from work there is more homework, more reading, getting dinner ready.  It sometimes just feels overwhelming.   Plus Jere and I both have school work we have to do too.  We spend less time together as a family and it seems like more time arguing.    I know we will get back into the routine again but these first few days have been hard.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I agree, I like having the kids home and not having to run around like a crazy person. But alas, they must be schooled, and I'm not the type that would enjoy home schooling. :)