Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is there room for one more?

Today I decided that I would tell my students that I was pregnant. I read them a book called Mr. and Mrs. Murphy and Bernard. It is a story about 2 animals and how there is just enough room for the two of them. Then one day a dog comes and holds up a sign that says, "IS THERE ROOM FOR ONE MORE?" They say No at first then as then story goes on they make room for him in their home.

So after finishing the book I told them that in my family, we were going to make room for one more and that we were going to have a baby in February.

One kid raised his hand and said, "Who's having the baby?"

I was a little surprised and said, "I am having the baby?"

Another kid raised his hand and said, "Does that mean you're pregnant?"

(I don't have the brightest class in the world.)

No comments: