Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Day of School

Today was my first day back to school from summer vacation. It is hard to go back. This year I have 30 kids in my class. When walking down the hall, it looks like a lot kids. It seems the line will not end. I have alot of similar names like Ty and Tyler, Two Thomas's one goes by Tommy and one goes by Tony, and two Emily's. And a couple of interesting names like Andromeda, but she goes by JO Jo, and Genevieve. I also have a girl in my class named Robyn. That is a little different. I hear kids talking to her and I turn around.
This should be an intersting and challenging year. After the first day I think that I will make it!

Olivia starts kindergarten on Aug. 30. She will have her kindergarten testing on Friday. She got to meet her teacher yesterday at Open house. She is so excited.

3 comments:

Earl and Vickie said...

So how come Olivia starts at a different time then you guys? And what's the test? Is that before she actually starts?

Jeremy B said...

They always do kindergarten assessments the week we start. They schedule a time to meet with each student and see how high they can count, what they can write, and so on. Then kindergarten starts on the 30th.

Emily said...

we start kindergarten on monday with a 1 hour orientation. we're trying to be ready - zach knows his phone number, the street he lives on, and his parents names. but he still cannot get his own birthday right! :O) i don't know if they will test our kids or not. our first whole day of school will be on tuesday!