Monday, April 03, 2006

I like Dogs

I had two little visitors in my class today(Olivia and Garrett). My sitter was in the meeting in the library. She brought them to the meeting with her. They ended up in my room. I was teaching one of my favorite lessons to teach. We were doing an adjective chant. This is just taking a noun and then coming up with as many different adjectives that you can think of to descibe it.
Then you put it on the chant. Olivia was very interested in the whole thing. She just watched fascinated. I didn't think that much about it. When we got home. She basically chanted the whole thing to me again. Then she wanted to make her own. She then told me after being in my class she wanted to be a teacher. I will take that as a high compliment.

This is the one she made up. The one I did for my class is a little longer than hers but it is the same concept. She remember most of it and the way it went. She came up with her own words to descibe the dog. We think she is so smart.

DOGS
Dogs, Dogs, Dogs
mean dogs, nice dogs
striped, colorful, sleepy dogs
That is just a few
Smelly dogs eating dogs
hungry dogs too
walking dogs, licking dogs
kid, family, happy dogs.
Last of all Best of all
I like Small dogs.

The way the chant works is you clap on the noun (dogs)
and snap on the adective (words in italics)

1 comment:

Emily said...

she's such a smarty smarty!!! :o)
can't wait to see her again.